More resolution version (PDF) is available at Scribd.
This is my quick and dirty chart to see the competition inside Thailand web industry. Data is gathered from TrueHits.net on 22 May 2008 and only top 100 sites ordered by Unique IP.
My rough summary
- Coincidentally, web sites in Top 10 need to have more than 100k UIP/day. (This will definitely be changed in near future)
- As everyone in Thai web industry should know, #1 (sanook) and #2 (kapook) are standout from the rest.
- The next biggest gap is between #8 (bloggang) and #9 (playpark). Both are different by ~50k UIP. We might say that the most visited sites in Thailand are Top 8.
- The distribution of #10 to #100 is interesting. Considering only this information, it's very likely to be Long Tail.
My remarks and suggestions
- Many popular web sites in Thailand (e.g. Google.co.th) are not listed in TrueHits ranking
- For full statistics of each site, site owner need to pay more to TrueHits. Some sites (e.g. Pantip) prefer to be ranked only in limited amount.
- I should add more sites to this chart, probaly Top 1000. To prove that Long Tail effect still continue in wider range.
- Cross-checking by Alexa (and some other internet marketing) statistic is preferred.
- Categorization of each sites in the rank is also preferred. To see the distribution by type.